A southwest-seasoned mixture of black beans, salsa, corn, and condensed tomato soup wake up luscious layers of lasagna noodles, cheese and chicken testi.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|1. Cook noodles according to package instructions. Rinse; drain.|
|2. Blend black beans and 1 cup salsa in food processor. Fold in corn; set aside.|
|3. Mix tomato soup, remaining 9 cups salsa and Southwest seasoning; blend, set aside. Preheat convection oven to 350°F.|
|4. In each of three steam table pans (12 x 20 x 2-1/2), spread 2 cups tomato mixture. Top with 6 noodles, 8 oz. cheese, 1 lb. chicken, 2-1/2 cups tomato mixture and 2-1/3 cups black bean mixture. Repeat layers. Top with remaining 6 noodles,1-1/2 cups tomato mixture and 1-1/4 lb. cheese.
5. CCP: Bake uncovered at 350°F for 20 minutes. Cover and bake additional 30 minutes until internal temperature is 175°F or higher for 15 seconds. Let stand 20 minutes.CCP: Hold at 140°F or higher. Cut each pan 4 x 8 (32 pieces; about 2-1/2 x 2-1/2 each). Portion 1 piece.
- Browned ground beef, fajita seasoned chicken strips, diced turkey or crumbled cooked sausage can be alternated for diced chicken in this recipe.
- For added convenience, alternate refried black beans for canned drained beans recipe.
- Frozen or canned drained Mexican corn blend with diced red and green peppers adds a festive appearance to lasagna.
- For Turkey Meatloaf Smothered with Mushroom Gravy, prepare recipe as directed, except in step 6, add sauteed or sliced, canned, drained mushrooms to consommé and soup blend. Service bath, immerse pans into ice up to product level and stir frequently. Cover and label product.ve ladled over prepared meatloaf.