Child Nutritional Content
- mma: 0.0oz
- grain: 1.0oz
- totalVegetable: 0.0c
- darkGreen: 0.0c
- redOrange: 0.0c
- legumes: 0.0c
- starchy: 0.0c
- other: 0.0c
- additional: 0.0c
- fruit: 0.5c
- milk: 0.0c
Applesauce topped with cinnamon waves is a splash with an Oats & Honey flavored Goldfish Giant Graham and a crisp apple slice shark fin.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|unsweetened applesauce||3 qt.|
|Red Delicious apple||3 ea.|
|ground cinnamon||1 1/2 tsp.|
|To offer on your menu as pre-assembled items for easy pick up on a serving line (refer to recipe photo):
1. Wash, core, and cut each apple into 8 slices. Set aside.
2. Place small serving plates on sheet pans. Put small serving plates on the pans in an array. Top each plate with a 4 fl oz serving cup.
3. Use a #8 scoop to portion 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) of applesauce into each serving cup.
4. Unwrap 24 packages of Goldfish Giant Whole Grain Oats & Honey Grahams and carefully remove the grahams from the packages, and set aside.
5. Put one Goldfish Giant Whole Grain Oats & Honey Graham in center of each serving cup, smiley face up.
6. Place a 2nd Goldfish Giant Whole Grain Oats & Honey Grahams on each plate next to the serving cup.
7. Create waves above and below Graham by sprinkling a pinch of cinnamon above and below the Goldfish Graham on top of the applesauce, and use a toothpick or the tip of a knife to push the cinnamon into a wavy design.
8. To make a shark fin, insert one apple slice into the applesauce over top of the Goldfish Graham in each cup.
9. CCP: Serve immediately, or cover sheet trays with paper and hold for cold service at 41 degrees F or lower until served.
To offer on your menu so students can assemble the menu item themselves:
1. Place small serving plates on sheet pans. Put small serving plates on the pans in an array. Top each plate with a 4 fl oz serving cup.
2. Use a #8 scoop to portion 1/2 cup (4 fl oz) of applesauce into each serving cup.
3. Put one package of Goldfish Giant Whole Grain Oats & Honey Grahams on each serving plate on the side of each applesauce cup.
4. Add 1 apple slice to each serving plate on the other side of the applesauce cup.
5. Make a cinnamon shaker available for students to shake cinnamon over their applesauce.
6. CCP: Serve immediately, or cover sheet trays with paper and hold for cold service at 41 degrees F or lower until served.
7. Post a picture of an assembled menu item OR display a sample assembled Applesauce Lagoon on your serving line to inspire students to create their own.
- As it is, Applesauce Lagoon may be offered as a reimbursable after school snack and will meet all required meal components for the snack.
- For a complete reimbursable breakfast for grades K-5, offer this menu item with 1/2 cup fruit or juice, 1 oz equivalent grain OR 1 oz meat/meat alternate, and 8 oz of milk.
- Meal Contributions: 1 oz equiv grains and 1/2 cup fruit.