Spice up your pot pie with southwestern chicken, jalapeno peppers, black beans and corn simmered in Swanson Chicken Broth and Pace Picante Sauce.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|corn bread mix||40 oz.||8 cups|
|water||4 1/2 cups|
|vegetable oil||2 tbsp.|
|yellow onion||16 oz.||3 cups|
|southwest seasoned chicken, cooked||2 lb.|
|frozen whole kernel corn||20 oz.||3 1/2 cups|
|black beans||20 oz.||4 cups|
|jalapeño pepper||1 tbsp.|
|cilantro||0.5 oz.||1 cups|
|To Make Cornbread:
1. Add water to a mixing bowl. Add cornbread mix to bowl and stir with a whisk or spatula until smooth. Fold in sugar, if desired.
2. Pour batter into a greased full-size hotel pan and bake in 375°F. conventional or 325° F. convection oven 24-27 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Cut 4x6 yielding 24 pieces. Reserve.
|1. In large pan or stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté 3-4 minutes.
2. Stir in Salsa or Picante and broth and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in chicken or beef, corn, beans and jalapeno and return to a simmer; cook, stirring occasionally, 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro. CCP: Hold at 140° F. or higher for service.
5. Serve 1 1/4 cups pot pie filling with a slice of cornbread.
- Try substituting cooked seasoned beef for chicken in this recipe.