Looking for the perfect hearty breakfast solution? This dish is packed with sauteed onions, mushrooms, peppers, and Italian sausage. Finish off the dish with biscuit dough and bake until golden brown for a dish that your patrons will be sure to come back for seconds.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|Italian pork sausage||32 oz.||32|
|onion||8 oz.||2 cups|
|mushrooms||11.5 oz.||4 cups|
|green pepper||11.5 oz.||2 cups|
|fresh parsley||1 oz.||3 tbsp.|
|kosher salt||1 tsp.|
|black pepper||1 tsp.|
|biscuit dough||28 oz.||24 ea.|
|Cheddar cheese||2.5 oz.||0 3/4 cups|
|1. In large pan, cook sausage until heated through. Drain fat. Reserve.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 145°F for 1 minute.
|2. Using same pan, sauté onions for 7 minutes.
3. Add mushrooms and peppers. Cook additional 5 minutes.
4. Add Campbells® Cream of Mushroom Soup. Stir to combine.
5. Add sausage. Simmer 10 minutes.
6. Add parsley, salt and pepper. Reserve.
7. Pour mixture into a 12"x20"x2-1/2" hotel pan. Top evenly with biscuit dough.
8. Bake in pre-heated 350° F oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
|9. Remove from oven. Evenly sprinkle with cheese. Bake additional 5 minutes.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
9. To Serve: Cut pan into 24 servings. Using serving spoon, portion 1 biscuit + 1/2 cup (about 4.5 ounces) sausage mixture onto plate. Serve immediately.
- Can substitute pork sausage with chicken or turkey sausage.