A new spin on pot pie with pork sausage, chorizo, onion, bell pepper cooked in Campbell's Cream of Potato topped with biscuits, cheddar cheese and chives.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|1. In large pan or stock pot, cook sausage, breaking meat up while cooking, until cooked through.
2. Add chorizo and heat thoroughly. Remove meat from pan with slotted spoon and hold. Drain all but 3 Tbsp. fat from pot.
3. Add onions to pot and sauté over medium-high heat until softened, about 4 minutes. Stir in peppers and continue cooking 3 minutes.
|4. Pour soup and milk into pot with onion mixture and continue to heat, stirring often, until smooth and simmering, about 8 minutes. Return cooked meat along with cheese to pan and simmer, stirring constantly, until meat is heated through and cheese is melted. Keep warm.
5. Top with 16 Cheddar biscuits or portion 1 biscuit on top of each filled 16-oz. individual casserole dish* and bake in 425°F. conventional or 375°F. convection oven 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
6. Cool slightly and serve one biscuit per 1 1/4 cups pot pie filling.
|To Make Biscuits:
1. Add buttermilk to mixing bowl equipped with a paddle attachment. Add biscuit mix, cheddar cheese and chives; mix for 30-60 seconds until combined. Transfer dough to a well-greased half sheet pan.
2. With lightly floured hands press dough evenly onto sheet pan. With pastry cutter cut dough into individual round or rectangular pieces to cover the top of the individual casserole dish of pot pie filling or cut into 3 inch round biscuits to bake separately yielding 24 biscuits.*
3. Bake in 450°F. conventional or 400° F. convection oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
For Each Serving:
Scoop 1-1/4 cups with a biscuit onto plate.
- 1. For a cafeteria line or buffet, biscuits may be baked off separately and placed on top of a heated portion of pot pie filling as it is served.
*Note: For individual pot pies top 1 1/4 cup filling with 1 un-baked biscuit and bake as directed.