Child Nutritional Content
- mma: 1.0oz
- grain: 1.0oz
- totalVegetable: 0.5c
- darkGreen: 0.0c
- redOrange: 0.375c
- legumes: 0.0c
- starchy: 0.0c
- other: 0.0c
- additional: 0.125c
- fruit: 0.0c
- milk: 0.0c
Simply pour Campbells® Vegetarian Chili Customizer over cooked ground beef, kidney beans, and diced peppers and top with crushed tortilla chips to offer a delicious entrée in a bowl, brimming with bold Tex-Mex flavor. Offer this delicious pace-changer as part of a complete reimbursable meal.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|low sodium kidney beans||14 oz.||2 1/2 cups|
|green pepper||13 oz.||2 1/2 cups|
|baked corn tortilla chips||40 oz.|
|80% lean ground beef||40 oz.|
|1. Prepare Soup Customizer according to package directions.
NOTE: This product is ready to heat and does not require reconstitution.
CCP: Heat to 165°F for one minute.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 160°F.
|2. Prepare the beans, green peppers, and tortilla chips. Keep each ingredient in separate pans or bowls until bowls are pre-assembled.
CCP: Hold at 41°F until bowls are pre-assembled.
3. To pre-assemble each serving:
a. Place the following ingredients in a 16 oz. bowl:
- 1 tbsp. (#60 scoop) beans
- 1 tbsp. (#60 scoop) fresh peppers
- 1 oz. tortilla chips
- 1 oz. cooked beef
b. Use tongs to gently toss all of the ingredients in the bowl together.
c. Place a lid on each bowl.
CCP: Hold at 41°F until bowls are served.
4. To serve:
a. Remove the lid from the bowl.
b. Use a 6 oz. ladle to portion 3/4 cup of hot broth over contents of bowl.
c. Place lid on bowl. Serve immediately.
- Offer with 1 oz equivalent whole grain dinner roll or crackers, 1/4 cup veggie sticks, 1 cup fruit, and 8 oz. milk for a complete reimbursable meal.
- Garnish each bowl with a fresh lime wedge and/or fresh chopped cilantro, if desired.
- NOTE: 3/4 cup of Campbell's® Customizable Soup Base- Vegetarian Chili Base supplies 3/8 cup total vegetables (1/4 cup red/orange and 1/8 cup additional) to this recipe's child nutrition component contributions.