Child Nutritional Content
- mma: 2.0oz
- grain: 1.0oz
- totalVegetable: 0.75c
- darkGreen: 0.0c
- redOrange: 0.25c
- legumes: 0.0c
- starchy: 0.0c
- other: 0.5c
- additional: 0.0c
- fruit: 0.0c
- milk: 0.0c
Classic comforting chicken noodle soup freshly prepared with Campbells® Savory Chicken Soup Customizer. Offer this delicious pace-changing entrée as part of a complete reimbursable meal.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|cooked diced chicken||120 oz.||15 cups|
|carrots||68 oz.||15 cups|
|celery||53.5 oz.||15 cups|
|onion||85 oz.||15 cups|
|cooked whole grain rotini (spiral) pasta||120 oz.||10 cups|
|1. Prepare Soup Customizer™ according to package directions.
CCP: Heat to 165°F for one minute.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 160°F.
CCP: Hold at 41°F until bowls are assembled.
|2. Prepare the vegetables. Keep each vegetable in separate pans or bowls until bowls are pre-assembled.
CCP: Hold at 41°F until bowls are pre-assembled.
3. To pre-assemble each serving:
a. Place the following ingredients in a 16 oz. bowl:
- 1/2 cup (#8 scoop) noodles
- 2 oz. (#10 scoop) chicken
- 1/4 cup (#16 scoop) carrots
- 1/4 cup (#16 scoop) celery
- 1/4 cup (#16 scoop) onions
b. Use tongs to gently toss all of the ingredients in the bowl together.
c. Place a lid on each bowl.
CCP: Hold at 41°F until bowls are served.
4. To serve:
a. Remove the lid from the bowl.
b. Use an 8 oz. ladle to portion 1 cup of hot broth into bowl.
c. Replace lid on bowl. Serve immediately.
- Consider substituting raw green onion, unblanched, for the onions in this recipe.
- Offer with 1 oz equivalent whole grain dinner roll or crackers, 1/4 cup veggie sticks, 1 cup fruit, and 8 oz. milk for a complete reimbursable meal.
- Garnish each bowl with fresh parsley, if desired.