Child Nutritional Content
- MMA: 2.0oz
- Grain: 1.0oz
- TotalVegetable: 0.5c
- DarkGreen: 0.0c
- RedOrange: 0.5c
- Legumes: 0.0c
- Starchy: 0.0c
- Other: 0.0c
- Additional: 0.0c
- Fruit: 0.0c
- Milk: 0.0c
Made with mozzarella and tomato sauce on warm 100% Whole Grain Goldfish bread, this pizza smiles back with a black olive eye and green pepper smile.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|part skim mozzarella cheese||3 lb.|
|black olives||4 oz.|
|green pepper||4.5 oz.|
|To offer on your menu as pre-assembled items for easy pick up on a serving line (refer to recipe photo):
1. Split each portion of Goldfish Bread in half, and place split halves on a parchment-lined sheet pan cut side up.
2. Using a 1 oz ladle, measure and spread 2 Tbsp of Prego Italian Pasta Sauce onto each half of bread.
3. Use a #16 scoop to portion 1 oz (1/4 cup) mozzarella cheese on top of each bread half. Distribute cheese evenly over the surface of the bread using the back of the scoop.
4. Add 1 olive slice to make a fish eye, and 1 green pepper strip to make a mouth on each topped bread half.
5. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree F oven for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
6. Serve Immediately, or hold for hot service at 140 degrees F until served.
To offer as a cold menu item students can assemble themselves:
1. Use a #16 scoop to portion 1/4 cup of Prego Sauce into 2 fl oz serving cups. Put lids on cups.
2. Use a #8 scoop to portion 1/2 cup (2 oz) of shredded cheese into 4 fl oz serving cups. Put lids on cups.
3. Put 2 sliced olive halves and 2 green pepper strips in 2 fl oz serving cups. Put lids on cups.
4. Put 1 portion of Goldfish Bread, 1 filled sauce cup, and 1 cup with vegetables in each serving container.
5. CCP: Serve immediately, or hold for cold service at 41 degrees F or lower until served.
6. Post a picture of an assembled menu item OR display a sample assembled Cheesin Pizza on your serving line to inspire students to create their own.
- One serving proves 1 oz equiv grains, 2 oz meat/meat alternate, 1/2 cup total vegetables (1/2 cup red/orange)
- 3/4 cup (about 4 oz) of black olives, sliced in half, provides enough olive slices to make 24 portions of this recipe.
- 1-1/2 cups (about 4-1/2 oz) of sliced green pepper provides enough olive slices to make 24 portions of this recipe.
- For a complete reimbursable school lunch for grades K-5, offer this menu item with an additional 1/4 cup vegetables, 1/2 cup fruit, and 8oz of milk.