Child Nutritional Content
- mma: 0.5oz
- grain: 0.5oz
- totalVegetable: 0.0c
- darkGreen: 0.0c
- redOrange: 0.0c
- legumes: 0.0c
- starchy: 0.0c
- other: 0.0c
- additional: 0.0c
- fruit: 0.0c
- milk: 0.0c
Flavorful, classic chicken noodle soup made with whole grain rotini and Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth with under 200 mg of sodium per serving.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|celery||24 oz.||5 3/4 cups|
|carrot||12 oz.||3 cups|
|onion||14 oz.||2 333/1000 cups|
|dried parsley flakes||0.25 oz.||0 1/4 cups|
|poultry seasoning||1 tsp.|
|onion powder||1 oz.||0 1/4 cups|
|garlic powder||0.25 oz.||1 tbsp.|
|salt||0.5 oz.||2 1/4 tsp.|
|black pepper||1 tsp.|
|whole grain rotini (spiral) pasta||24 oz.||1 gallons|
|cooked diced chicken||25.5 oz.||5 cups|
|1. Combine broth, celery, carrots, onions, parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a kettle or large stockpot.
2. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and cover. Simmer for 20 minutes.
|3. Add rotini and chicken or turkey. Return to simmer. Cover. Simmer for 10 minutes or until noodles are tender.
CCP: Heat to 165° F or higher for at least 15 seconds.
4. Transfer to serving pans.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140° F or higher.
5. Portion with 8 oz ladle (1 cup).
- Cooked diced turkey may be used in place of chicken in this recipe.
- Each batch of 50 servings yields about 27 pounds or about 3 gallons + 2 cups of soup.
- Measure the salt carefully to control the sodium content of this recipe.
- Meal Contributions: Meat Alternate- 1/2 oz; Grain- 1/2 oz.