Try our Tomato Soup Spice Cake made with Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup topped with a light cream cheese frosting. This decadent dessert is the perfect addition to any menu.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|spice cake mix||5 lb.||17 cups|
|light cream cheese||4 lb.|
|lemon zest||0 1/4 cups|
|vanilla extract||2 tbsp.|
|confectioners' sugar||3 lb.||3 qt.|
|1. Preheat convection oven to 300ºF. or a conventional oven to 350ºF.
2. Place soup in bowl of mixer equipped with a paddle attachment. Add dry cake mix and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
|3. Add water gradually while mixing on low speed. Stop mixer and scrape bowl.
4. Continue to mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Dont over mix.
5. Spread mixture evenly into 4 prepared (greased and floured greased and paper-lined) half sheetpans or 2 full sheetpans (6 cups batter per half sheetpan or 12 cups batter per full sheetpan) or into 8 prepared 9-inch round cake pans (3 cups per 9-inch round) and smooth over top of cakes.
6. Bake cakes 25-35 minutes, rotating the cakes in the oven after 15 minutes for more even cooking, until a food pick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean and when center springs back when touched. Remove from heat and let cool completely before frosting with Cream Cheese Frosting*.
|*To make the frosting: In a mixing bowl equipped with a whip, beat together cream cheese and margarine until smooth. Add lemon zest and vanilla and gradually add the sugar to create a smooth creamy frosting. Use as directed above.|
- Recipe for 64 portions makes four (4) half sheet cakes, two (2) full sheet cakes or four (4) 9-inch round cakes.