Child Nutritional Content
- mma: 0.25oz
- grain: 1.0oz
- totalVegetable: 0.0c
- darkGreen: 0.0c
- redOrange: 0.0c
- legumes: 0.0c
- starchy: 0.0c
- other: 0.0c
- additional: 0.0c
- fruit: 0.25c
- milk: 0.0c
Banana and blueberry eyes pair perfectly with a cheese cube nose and a smile made with pretzel Goldfish Made With Whole Grain pretzel crackers.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|American cheese||6 oz.|
|To offer on your menu so students can assemble the menu item themselves:
1. Arrange 24 small plates on a large tray for assembly. Place a 4 oz bowl or cup ontop of each plate.
2. Cut bananas into 1/2 thick slices. Set aside.
3. Cut the 1/2 oz cheese slices into 4 equal sized cubes. Set aside.
4. Put 1/8 cup banana slices (4 slices), 1/8 cup blueberries (#30 scoop), and 1/4 oz cheese cubes (2 cubes) into each serving bowl.
5. Put 1 pouch (0.75 oz) of Whole Grain Goldfish Pretzels on each plate on the side ofthe bowl.
6. CCP: Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate at 41 degrees F until ready to serve.
7. Post a picture of Fruity Smiles or display a sample plate of Fruity Smiles on the serving line to inspire students to make their own.
- For a complete reimbursable after school snack, offer this menu idea with 1/2 cup fruit juice or 8 oz of milk.
- Meal Contributions: 1 oz equivalent grains, 1/4 oz meat/meat alternate, and 1/4 cup fruit.