Topped with toasted cornbread stuffing, the flavors of this beef and root vegetable combination are intensified with the addition of tomatoes and balsamic vinegar. This is country comfort at its finest!
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|vegetable oil||6 tbsp.|
|beef for stew||12 lb.|
|garlic||1 1/2 cups|
|frozen carrots||6 lb.||1 1/2 gallons|
|onion||4.5 lb.||17 1/2 cups|
|celery||2.25 lb.||6 1/2 cups|
|Italian seasoning||0 3/4 cups|
|diced tomatoes||9.75 lb.||4 3/4 qt.|
|water||2 1/4 cups|
|balsamic vinegar||0 3/4 cups|
|canned potatoes||4 lb.||2 qt.|
|Parmesan cheese||4 oz.||1 cups|
|Italian seasoning||2 tbsp.|
|1. Preheat convection oven to 325°F.
2. In saucepot, heat oil. Add beef and garlic and cook until beef is browned.
3. Add vegetables and Italian seasoning. Cook for 10 minutes.
|4. Add soup, tomatoes, water, vinegar and potatoes. Bring to a boil.
5. Divide meat mixture among three 12 x 20 x 2-1/2 steam table pans.CCP: Cover and bake for 1-1/2 hours or until meat is tender and internal temperature is 165°F. Uncover and stir after 45 minutes.
|6. Prepare cornbread stuffing according to package directions. Mix in cheese and Italian seasoning.
7. Uncover pans and divide cornbread mixture equally over meat, return to oven and bake until cornbread is browned and crisp.
8. CCP: Hold at 140°F. or higher. Cut each pan 4 x 8 into 32 portions (approx. 7 oz.).In step 5, this stew can be cooked on low heat in steam-jacketed kettle, covered and stirred occasionally.For a low-sodium version, use Campbell’s® READY to SERVE Low Sodium Chunky Vegetable Beef Soup. In step 4, omit the water and drain the canned tomatoes.