Not your ordinary pot pie! Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup and Swanson® Beef Broth combine with ground beef, pork sausage, onion, peppers garlic, Mozzarella and Parmesan cheese to bring Italian flare to any menu.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|To Make Biscuits:
1. Add buttermilk to mixing bowl equipped with a paddle attachment. Add biscuit mix, Italian seasoning and mix for 30-60 seconds until combined. Transfer dough to a well greased half sheet pan.
2. With lightly floured hands press dough evenly onto sheet pan. With pastry cutter cut dough into 3 inch round biscuits yielding 24 biscuits.
3. Bake in 450°F. conventional or 400° F. convection oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
Note: For individual pot pies top 1 1/4 cup filling with 1 un-baked biscuit and bake as directed.
For a cafeteria line or buffet, biscuits may be baked off separately and placed on top of a heated portion of pot pie filling as it is served.
|1. In large pan or stock pot cook ground beef and pork sausage until completely browned. Drain well, reserve meat.
|2. To sauté vegetables, remove all fat from pot and discard.
|3. Pour in soup and broth and bring to a simmer, stirring often. Cook 5 minutes.
4. Add basil and parsley and remove from heat. Transfer mixture (10 lb.) to each lightly greased full-size, 2-in. hotel pan.
5. In bowl mix cheeses and sprinkle evenly over top of pot pie mixture.
6. Top with 16 unbaked herb biscuits, evenly spaced over top of pot pie or portion 1 ¼ cup mixture into each 16-oz. individual casserole dishes and bake in 450°F. conventional or 400° F. convection oven 15-18 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
7. To serve, portion 1-1/2 cups (3- #8 scoops) mixture with one biscuit on plate.