An on-trend breakfast offering designed to spice up any menu. The flavors of this egg, bread and cheese soufflé are enhanced with the tasty combination of a tomato soup and salsa topping.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|white bread||4.5 lb.||3 loaves|
|frozen liquid egg||12 lb.||5 1/2 qt.|
|ground white pepper||3 3/4 tbsp.|
|salt||1 1/2 tsp.|
|low fat Cheddar cheese||2 lb.||2 1/2 qt.|
|1. Preheat convection oven to 325°F. Lightly toast bread for 15 to 20 minutes.
2. Combine soup and salsa. Heat through. CCP: Hold at 140°F. or higher.
3. Partially scramble eggs, leaving them very moist. Season with pepper and salt.
4. Lightly oil three 12 x 20 x 2-1/2 steam table pans. Combine toasted bread with moist eggs. Divide half the mixture equally among pans. Spread to cover bottom of each pan.
5. In each pan, top with 5 oz. cheese and 2 cups soup mixture.
6. Add the remaining bread mixture with 5-1/2 oz. of cheese to each pan.
7. CCP: Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until internal temperature is 165°F. or higher for 15 seconds.
8. CCP: Hold at 140°F. or higher.
9. Cut each pan 4 x 8 into 32 servings and top each serving with 1 tbsp. hot soup sauce. For a bold and spicy version, substitute pepper jack cheese for the Cheddar.