Twisted puff pastry strips laced with Parmesan cheese and herbs make easy and elegant appetizers...they can also be served with your main course.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|Parmesan cheese||0 1/4 cups|
|fresh parsley||1 tbsp.|
|dried oregano leaves||0 1/2 tsp.|
|1. Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a bowl with a whisk. Stir in the cheese, parsley and oregano.
2. Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14x10-inch rectangle. Cut in half lengthwise. Brush the halves with the egg mixture. Top 1 half with the cheese mixture. Place the remaining half over the filling, egg-side down. Roll gently with a rolling pin to seal.
3. Cut the pastry crosswise into 28 (1/2-inch) strips. Twist the strips and place on a baking sheet, pressing down the ends. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture.
4. Bake for 10 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
CCP: Ensure final cook step reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for one minute.
CCP: Hold hot at 140°F or higher for service.
5. One serving = 1 Cheese Twist
- Tip: To make ahead, place the unbaked twists onto a baking sheet and brush with the egg mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove the frozen strips from the baking sheet and store in a gallon size resealable plastic bag in the freezer for up to 1 month. Bake the frozen pastries on a baking sheet at 400°F. for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown.