Enjoy southern fare in a pot pie made with pulled pork, onions, peppers, southwest seasonings cooked with Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup and Swanson Chicken Broth topped with corn bread mix.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|To Make Cornbread:
1. Add water to a mixing bowl. Add cornbread mix and mix with a whisk or spatula until smooth. Fold in sugar, if desired.
2. Pour batter into a greased full-size hotel pan and bake in 375°F. conventional or 325° F. convection oven 24-27 minutes or until golden brown.
3. Cut 4x6 yielding 24 pieces.
|1. In large pan or stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat; add onion and sauté 5 minutes, stirring often, until golden and softened.
2. Add garlic and continue to cook 2-3 minutes.
3. Drain tomatoes (reserve juice from can to substitute for water or broth, if desired) and stir tomatoes along with chipotle into mixture and continue to cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add Soup and liquid (broth, water or reserved tomato liquid) and bring to a simmer; cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
|5. Place shredded pork in bowl and sprinkle seasoning rub over top. Toss well to coat. Add mixture to pot pie base and mix well. Return mixture to a simmer and cook 5 minutes.
6. Stir in cilantro and scallions. CCP: Hold at 140° F. or higher for service.
7. Serve 1 1/4 cups pot pie filling with a slice of cornbread.