Cozy up to Campbell's classic tomato soup enhanced with roasted root vegetables, onions and garlic. Season to taste with pepper and herbs.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|olive oil||3 tbsp.|
|Vidalia onion||2 cups|
|fresh herbs||0 1/4 cups|
|black pepper||1 1/2 tsp.|
|fresh herbs||1 332/997 cups|
|Preheat oven to 425°F. conventional or 375°F. convection.
1. In a large bowl toss oil with diced root vegetables and spread in even layers on full -size sheet pans. Place in oven and roast, stirring often, for 20 minutes.
2. Stir onion and garlic evenly into each sheet pan of vegetables and continue to roast 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat and hold.
|3. In a soup pot over medium heat, bring soup and water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 6 minutes. Add vegetables and continue to cook until tender, about 5 minutes.|
|4. Stir in herbs and pepper. Heat until internal temperature is 165º F. or higher for 15 seconds. CCP: Hold at 140º F. or higher.
5. Garnish each serving with ½ tsp sprinkling of fresh herbs.
- Suggestion for fresh herbs: chives, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, parsley, etc.
- Try parsnips, rutabaga and/or carrots in place of turnips.