This delicious chicken pot pie recipe made with Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup is packed with southwest flavors. Topped with cornbread, this dish is perfect to serve as either a meal or a side!
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|vegetable oil||3 tbsp.|
|yellow onion||15 oz.||2 5/8 cups|
|green and red bell pepper||15 oz.||3 cups|
|jalapeño pepper||2 tbsp.|
|cooked diced chicken||2 lb.||6 1/2 cups|
|frozen whole kernel corn||16 oz.||3 cups|
|black beans||15 oz.||3 cups|
|cilantro||0.5 oz.||1 cups|
|corn bread mix||45 oz.||9 cups|
|water||4 667/1000 cups|
|sugar||5.25 oz.||0 3/4 cups|
|1. In large pan or stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté 3 minutes. Add peppers, garlic and jalapenos’ continue cooking 3 minutes.
2. Stir in Soup and milk and bring to a simmer, stirring often.
3. Add chicken, corn, and beans and return to a simmer; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes.
4. Stir in cilantro and keep warm. CCP: Hold at 140° F. or higher for service.
5. For each serving, serve 1 1/4 cups pot pie filling in a 16-oz. casserole dish or bowl and top with a slab of cornbread.
|To Make Cornbread:
1. Add water to a mixing bowl. Add cornbread mix and stir with a whisk or spatula until smooth. Fold in sugar, if desired.
2. Pour batter into a greased full-size hotel pan and bake in 375°F. conventional or 325° F. convection oven 24-27 minutes or until golden brown. Cut bread into 4x6 yielding 24 pieces.
3. Cool slightly and serve one slab of cornbread per 1 1/4 cups pot pie mixture.