Bring all the comfort and flavor of the holiday season to your menu. Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Potato Soup and Swanson® Chicken Broth combine with all the traditional flavors of the Thanksgiving dinner to make a savory pot pie topped with an herbed biscuit topping.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|1. In a large pan or stock pot over medium heat, combine soup, broth, diced turkey, sausage, peas and carrots, cranberries and the seasonings. Bring to a simmer and cook 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Transfer mixture (10 lb.) to each lightly greased full-size, 2-in. hotel pan. Or portion 1 1/4 cups pot pie mixture into each 16-oz. oven-proof casserole dishes.
CCP: Hold at 140° F. or higher for service or until ready to top with topping and bake individual servings.
|To Make Biscuits
1. Add broth to mixing bowl equipped with a paddle attachment. Add biscuit mix, parsley and sage; mix for 30-60 seconds until combined. Transfer dough to a well greased half sheet pan.
2. With lightly floured hands press dough evenly onto sheet pan. With pastry cutter cut dough into individual round or rectangular pieces to cover the top of the individual casserole dish of pot pie filling or cut into 3 inch round biscuits to bake separately yielding 24 biscuits.
3. Bake in 450°F. conventional or 400° F. convection oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden.
For Each Serving:
Scoop 1-1/4 cup filling with one biscuit onto plate.
- 1. For a cafeteria line or buffet, biscuits may be baked off separately and placed on top of a heated portion of pot pie filling as it is served.
**Note: For individual pot pies top 1 1/4 cup filling with 1 un-baked biscuit and bake as directed.