A healthier spin on a classic for long-term care residents or acute care cafeterias. Red peppers stuffed with golden quinoa made with Swanson® Unsalted Chicken Broth and combined with ground turkey, onions, spinach, garlic and Campbells Healthy Request® Cream of Mushroom soup.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|quinoa||1.5 lb.||1 qt.|
|99% fat free ground turkey||6 lb.|
|garlic||0.75 oz.||6 ea.|
|frozen spinach||3.75 lb.||11 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||7 oz.||2 cups|
|red bell pepper||6.25 lb.||24 ea.|
|1. Set oven to 350°F.
2. Heat stock and quinoa in saucepan over high heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 13 minutes, or until quinoa is tender.
|3. Cook turkey, garlic and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat until turkey is cooked through, stirring often to separate meat. Stir in spinach, soup, quinoa and 1/2 of the parmesan cheese.|
|4. Place pepper halves on a sheet pan. Spoon turkey mixture into the pepper halves.
5. Bake 30 minutes or until hot. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
7. To Serve: Using tongs, portion 2 stuffed pepper halves on plate. Serve immediately.
- This recipe meets Partnership for a Healthier America nutrition standards (a la carte entrees).
Cover stuffed peppers so they do not dry out during hot holding.