A blend of sauteed onions, red and green bell peppers and Italian Turkey Sausage in a savory tomato sauce made with V8® Spicy Hot Vegetable Juice.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|olive oil||0 1/4 cups|
|Italian-style turkey sausage||48 oz.||10 1/2 cups|
|green pepper||11.5 oz.||4 1/2 cups|
|red bell pepper||11.5 oz.||4 1/2 cups|
|yellow onion||16 oz.||2 333/1000 cups|
|basil leaves||1 tbsp.|
|dried oregano leaves||2 tbsp.|
|low-sodium canned diced tomatoes||64 oz.||4 667/1000 cups|
|tomato paste||0 667/1000 cups|
|heavy cream||1 1/4 cups|
|fresh Italian parsley||4 oz.||2 cups|
|Parmesan cheese||5.25 oz.||1 1/2 cups|
|cavatappi pasta||30 oz.||11 1/2 cups|
|1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Reserve.
CCP: Hold for cold service at 41°F until needed.
|1. Heat oil in large pot over medium heat. Add garlic. Sauté until golden, about 1 minute.
2. Add turkey sausage. Cook until brown, about 5 minutes.
3. Add peppers and onion. Cook until almost tender, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
|4. Add basil and oregano. Stir to combine.|
|5. Add V8® Spicy Hot and tomatoes. Bring to a boil then add tomato paste. Stir to combine. Turn heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Add cream.
7. Add pasta. Mix until well coated by the sauce.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
|8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and parsley.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
9. To serve, using 1-#4 scoop and 1- #8 scoop portion 1-1/2 cups onto plate. Serve immediately.
- Sauce can be made 3 days in advance without adding the pasta and heated for day's service. CCP: Hold for cold service at 41°F until needed.
- Dry pasta will yield 3.75 pounds (23 cups) cooked pasta.
- Turkey Sausage can be substituted with either shrimp or chicken.