A savory blend of baby spinach, grape tomatoes, sweet basil, oregano and onions sautéed in V8® Vegetable Juice .
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|olive oil||0 1/4 cups|
|onion||24 oz.||5 1/4 cups|
|dried oregano leaves||2 tbsp.|
|dried thyme||1 tbsp.|
|baby spinach||32 oz.||8 cups|
|pasteurized liquid egg||48 oz.||6 cups|
|kosher salt||1 tbsp.|
|black pepper||2 tsp.|
|ready to bake frozen pie crust||8 ea.|
|part skim mozzarella cheese||24 oz.||8 cups|
|grape tomatoes||55 oz.||12 cups|
|1. Preheat oven to 350⁰F.
2. Heat oil in pan over medium high heat. Add onion. Sauté until golden brown.
3. Add oregano, thyme and first measure of V8® Original Vegetable Juice . Heat until the liquid has completely reduced. Reserve.
3. Place spinach in a stainless steel bowl. Add reserved onion and juice mixture. Mix until combined. Let cool. Reserve.
CCP: Hold for cold service at 41°F until needed.
|4. In medium pot on stove, combine milk and second measure of V8® Original Vegetable Juice. Slowly bring to a simmer (155⁰F). Stir in salt and pepper. Do not bring to a boil.
5. In large stainless steel bowl, whisk eggs, salt and pepper until well beaten. Combine eggs with milk and juice mixture. Reserve.
6. Place pie shells onto baking sheets. Using 1- #4 scoop and 1- #5 scoop, portion 1-3/4 cup reserved spinach and onion mixture into bottom of each pie shell.
7. Top each pie shell with 1 cup Mozzarella cheese and 1-1/2 cup grape tomato halves.
8. Using 1- 12 oz. ladle and 1- 6 oz. ladle , pour 2-1/4 cup egg mixture over each pie shell. Mixture should be ¼ from the top of crust.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes, or until egg has set and crust is golden brown. Allow to sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
10. Cut each pie into 8 slices, yielding a total of 64 slices.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
11. To serve, using spatula, portion 1 slice onto plate. Serve immediately.