A traditional Cajun and Creole dish made from white rice which gets a "dirty" color from being cooked with V8® Low Sodium Vegetable Juice, green bell pepper, onion, black beans , red kidney beans, and Cajun Spices.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|extra virgin olive oil||3 tbsp.|
|onion||1 lb.||2 333/1000 cups|
|green pepper||1 lb.||3 1/2 cups|
|parboiled long-grain white rice||26 oz.||4 1/2 cups|
|Cajun seasoning||3 1/2 tbsp.|
|garlic powder||1 tbsp.|
|low sodium kidney beans||16 oz.||2 333/1000 cups|
|low sodium black beans||16 oz.||2 333/1000 cups|
|cilantro||1 oz.||13 tbsp.|
|1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onion, green pepper and garlic. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
2. To pot, add rice. Stir to lightly toasted.
3. Add cajun seasoning and garlic salt. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add Low Sodium V8® Vegetable Juice and water. Stir until combined. Bring mixture to a slight boil.
5. Add beans and stir. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook for 15 to 18 minutes, or until rice is tender. Stir to fluff the rice.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
|6. To garnish, sprinkle top of rice with cilantro.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
To Serve: Using a #8 scoop, portion 1/2 cup rice onto plate. Serve immediately.
- Dirty rice can also be made with basmati rice or brown rice.
- Excellent addition to any fish, meat, or poultry dish.
- Great as a vegetarian side option!