This hearty pot pie combines Pace® Picante Sauce- Mild with an abunance of vegetables, beans and spices. Perfect for adding variety to vegetarian options on any menu.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|biscuit baking mix||40 oz.||9 1/2 cups|
|buttermilk||2 3/4 cups|
|fresh parsley||2 oz.||0 1/2 cups|
|cilantro||0.5 oz.||1 cups|
|chili powder||1 tbsp.|
|olive oil||3 tbsp.|
|yellow onion||20 oz.||3 1/2 cups|
|assorted bell peppers (green, red, yellow)||20 oz.||4 cups|
|chili powder||1 tbsp.|
|cumin||0 1/2 tbsp.|
|dried chipotle pepper||1 tsp.|
|ground cinnamon||1 tsp.|
|mixture of 7 types of canned beans||5 cups|
|sweet potato||20 oz.||4 1/4 cups|
|molasses||0 1/4 cups|
|Worcestershire sauce||0 1/4 cups|
|raisins||10 oz.||2 cups|
|To Make Biscuits:
1. Add buttermilk to mixing bowl equipped with a paddle attachment. Add biscuit mix, herbs and chili; mix for 30-60 seconds until combined. Transfer dough to a well-greased half sheet pan.
2. With lightly floured hands press dough evenly onto sheet pan. With pastry cutter cut dough into individual round or rectangular pieces to cover the top of the individual casserole dish of pot pie filling or cut into 3 inch round biscuits to bake separately yielding 24 biscuits.
3. Bake in 450°F. conventional or 400° F. convection oven 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: For individual pot pies top 1 1/4 cup filling with 1 un-baked biscuit and bake as directed.
For a cafeteria line or buffet, biscuits may be baked off separately and placed on top of a heated portion of pot pie filling as it is served.
|1. In large pan or stock pot heat oil over medium-high heat; add onions and sauté 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and continue to cook 2 minutes.
2. Add peppers and continue to cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Stir in seasonings and cook 3 minutes.
3. Pour in Salsa and water or stock and bring to a simmer.
|4. Add beans, sweet potato, molasses and Worcestershire sauce and return to a simmer. Lower heat and simmer, stirring often, for 45-60 minutes, stirring often.
5. Stir in raisins and parsley and continue to simmer 10 minutes. Pour pot pie filling (10 lb.) into a full-size hotel pan. Or portion into 16-oz. individual casserole dishes.
6. Top with 16 chili biscuits or portion 1 biscuit on top of each filled individual casserole dish* and bake in 425°F. conventional or 375°F. convection oven 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
7. Cool slightly and serve one biscuit per 1 1/4 cups pot pie filling.