This savory Mediterranean-inspired dish is made with kale, chickpeas and quinoa sautéed with Campbells® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup and garnished with feta cheese.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|olive oil||4 tsp.|
|onion||7.75 oz.||2 ea.|
|garlic||1 oz.||8 ea.|
|ginger root||2 tbsp.|
|sun-dried tomatoes||6 oz.||1 1/2 cups|
|chickpeas (garbanzo beans)||30 oz.||5 1/2 cups|
|kale||2 lb.||57 cups|
|quinoa||13 oz.||2 cups|
|kosher salt||1 pinches|
|black pepper||1 pinches|
|fresh parsley||0 1/4 cups|
|reduced fat feta cheese||4 oz.||0 3/4 cups|
|1. Heat oil in a large rondeau over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and ginger. Cook until soft, stirring constantly.
2. Mix in sun-dried tomatoes, Campbell's® Healthy Request® Condensed Tomato Soup and Swanson® Certified Organic Vegetable Broth.
3. Once mixture is bubbling, add chickpeas. Cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add kale to mixture, in bunches, while stirring continuously.
5. When kale shrinks down and softens, add quinoa. Cook for 2-5 minutes, until heated through. Mixture should be loose.
CCP: Heat to a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for 1 minute.
CCP: Hold for hot service at 140°F or higher until needed.
|6. Season with salt and pepper. Top with parsley and feta.
To Serve: Using a 4 oz. spoodle or a #8 scoop, portion 1/2 cup onto plate. Serve immediately.
- Try making this recipe with Lacinato kale, also known as Tuscan kale and black kale.