This meatless main dish features flaky puff pastry topped with roasted tomatoes and onion, and lots of shredded mozzarella cheese. It's so good, it will have everyone craving vegetarian fare. Made with Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|1. Heat oven to 400°F.
2. Place the onions and 3/8 cup oil in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Transfer onions onto a baking sheet. Roast onions for 25 minutes or until well browned.
3. Place tomatoes, cut-side up, onto another baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining oil. Roast for 45 minutes.
|4. Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet out to a 12-inch square. Place onto baking sheets.
5. Spread 2 tablespoons of mustard on each pastry to within 1 inch of the edge. Prick the pastry thoroughly with a fork.
6. To top each pastry: Sprinkle with 3/4 cup cheese. Arrange about 1 pound of the tomato pieces over the cheese. Use 2- # 8 portion servers to spoon 2 cups onion around the tomatoes. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oregano.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until pastries are golden brown and cheese is melted. Remove from baking sheets and cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes.
CCP: Ensure final cook step reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for one minute.
CCP: Hold hot at 140°F or higher for service.
6. Cut each pastry into 4 pieces, making a total of 24 pieces.
7. One Serving = 1 Topped Puff Pastry Slice.
- Make-Ahead: You can roast and refrigerate the onion and tomatoes up to 24 hours ahead.