This traditional Greek-style dish featuring seasoned spinach, cream cheese and feta cheese is made simple and delicious by using Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry.
NOTE: Use your professional judgement when resizing recipes. Seasoning, cooking times, etc, may require adjustment.
estimate your profit
|Profit Per Serving|
Enter the cost of the soup and any garnishing costs to get the cost per bowl of soup.
|Profit Per Meal|
Enter the selling price per bowl and your profit for each bowl is calculated based on Step 1.
|Profit Per Day|
Enter the number of bowls you typically serve each day and how many days per week you are open (or serve this soup). Profits will be calculated using your numbers from Steps 1 and 2.
|vegetable cooking spray|
|onion||17 oz.||3 cups|
|frozen spinach||30 oz.||5 1/2 cups|
|cream cheese||12 oz.|
|garlic powder||0 3/4 tsp.|
|feta cheese||8 oz.||1 1/2 cups|
|1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray baking sheets with vegetable cooking spray.
2. Heat butter in a kettle over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes or until the liquid evaporates, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Beat 3 eggs in a bowl with a whisk. Stir in cream cheese and garlic powder until creamy. Add mixture to kettle.
|4. Unfold pastry sheets on a lightly floured surface. Roll each sheet into a 9 x12-inch rectangle. Cut each rectangle into 4 (4 1/2 x 6-inch) rectangles. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheets, making 24 rectangles in all. Beat the remaining egg and water in a bowl with a whisk. Brush the edges of rectangles with the egg mixture.
5. To top each pastry, use a #16 scoop to place about 1/4 cup spinach mixture into the center of pastry. Top with 1 tablespoon feta cheese. Fold the pastries in half over the filling and crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Brush pastries with the egg mixture.
6. Bake pastries for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes.
CCP: Ensure final cook step reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165°F for one minute.
CCP: Hold hot at 140°F or higher for service.
7. One Serving = 1 Filled Puff Pastry